|Dimensions||19.5 × 28 cm|
Opened in 1817 by a Napoleonic officer, Pasticceria Cova quickly became the gathering place for Milanese upper crust and Café Society—frequented by artists, musicians, and writers—not to mention the best place for midday café. Over the last two centuries, Cova has had many illustrious regulars including composer Giuseppe Verdi, whose music could be heard from Teatro alla Scala a few steps away. As a coffeehouse, Cova has grown to become the pride of Milan. On the occasion of Cova’s two-hundred-year anniversary, the pasticceria opens its doors to share its illustrious past, its glorious present, and its sterling future.